“Encapsulate Business Efficiency” - Codigion
What is Business Process Management (BMP)?
Business Process Management is a discipline incorporated to monitor, analyze, optimize and automate improve business processes using various approaches to accomplish explicit organizational goal.
BMP is any set of methodologies used in managing business process with or without the help of technologies ranging from rule management to communication to analytics to cut down errors, save time and generate enhanced services and products.
Users Perception of BPM:
- Worker: BPM symbolizes work units from business processes with instructions, priority, deadlines and other attributes.
- Manager: BPM is used as a process monitoring tool to summarize work status and notify process bottlenecks.
Importance of Business Process Management System
Business Process Management realizes bigger organizational goal to improve control over frenzied and ungainly processes and transform business towards digital transformation.
Here are few importance of BMP:
- Cost efficiency with streamlined business operation.
- Help acquire and retain consumers with real-time collaborations.
- No need of paper based system.
- Increases employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Framework for uninterrupted improvement.
- Efficient communication channel for information exchange.
- Respond efficiently to market changes.
- All-encompassing use of information system.
Business Process Management Life Cycle / Business Process Management Suites (BMPS)
- Discovery comprehends identifying and documenting the right people, depicting as-if scenarios, asking right questions and sunny-day and rainy-day comparison.
- Design is a process of analyzing existing processes and workflows and design a new process in synchronization with minimum outrage or process disruption focusing on process flow, task hand-over mechanism, alerts and notifications, operating procedures, resource allocation and historical data usage.
- Modeling is a process of visually laying out the clear picture of processes under various circumstances with various if’s and but’s.
- Executions steered in two progressions human-driven and software-driven with live testing of designed models in a small group to larger users constraining sensitive information.
- Monitoring is done to track executed process metrics to pinpoint efficiency, locate tailbacks and measure progress.
- Optimization is an analysis and improvement footstep towards workflows to ensure BPM efficiency from monitoring period to identify bottleneck.
- Re-Engineering of BPM is required for efficiency when process becomes too complex and optimization is also not getting desired output.
Types of Business Process Management
The BPM can be categorized into 3 types based on the line of business:
- Primary Process is an integral part of business that concerns services and products deliveries to the client affecting organization’s output directly.
- Support Process is focused toward operational process to ensure that primary process is functioning smoothly which does not add value to client however warrants strong work environment.
- Management Process is more about monitoring and analysis business activities then adding values, however, it treaties scaling up and ensures that enterprise standout as a brand.
Business Process Management Tools and Technologies
BPM is considered as an acute element of operational intelligence accounting real-time, accurate and actionable information for efficient, adaptable and effective business workflow and process that is supported with tools and technologies for managing all business components such as – employee, consumer, account and compliance, project, sales, marketing, and so forth.
These tools can be brought from BPM vendors or it can be custom-build for your custom business requirements as described below:
- Ad-hoc Solutions are basic office tools that are available at your disposal such as spreadsheet, word editor, and email and so forth.
However, these tools become error prone when handling large number of business cases as they involve manual process handling and documentation.
- Workflow Solution is a tool for simple process modeling and management with simple user interface that let us executes cases using forms instead of spreadsheet including automation which might include interaction, simplification and notification.
However, a workflow solution incorporates only the standard BPM Model and Notation (BPMN).
- Comprehensive Business Process Management System (BPMS) includes all BPMN solutions along with additional customization, system integration support, reporting, and management functionalities.
However, the software is complex and expensive which requires training, maintenance, support, license and extensive consultancy.
- Custom BPM Solution involves development of custom software either from scratch or using embedded engine.
However, it is expensive as comprehensive solution and offers similar flexibility, but it incorporates custom business requirement.
What to consider when choosing BPM solution?
- Clearly define objective associated with you BPM solution.
- Be specific and do not pay for features that you don’t need.
- Consider other hidden factors associated with your BPM solution such as – on-boarding, training and implementation time.
- Decide on deployment option for BPM solution as to either use cloud-based solution or in-house.
- Make sure that BPM system is user-friendly for end-users and user maintaining the system.
Issues in Implementing Business Process Management
BPM demands have been met using tools and technologies ranging from groupware, office suits, workflow solutions and comprehensive BPMS to offer productivity improvement.
However, for successful implementation of BPM it is first important to outline the drivers of BPM, deployment strategies and clear articulation of targeted process is when most organization reports issues because of following reasons:
- No clear representation of responsibilities and organization of BPM processes.
- Inadequate articulation of business processes to incorporate BPM for employee buy-in.
- No clear policies and procedure to fit into overall BPM IT infrastructure.
- Lack of BPM education and ad-hoc methodology for performance measure and project flexibility.
- Lack of simple tool for process visualization depicting operations and control flows.
Where to look for Business Process Management service?
Codigion offers BPM solution for all sized businesses to ensure that business processes are scrutinized and updated workflow for efficiency. We cater improvement through development of application and software along with BPM process articulation to address bottlenecks within an organization observing entire workflow within departments.
Our BPM services includes following:
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) integration service to define and deploy governance, strategies and models.
- We will ensure historic data and legacy apps to be integrated into BPM solution.
- To ensure compliance demand, we integrate policy-based controls and processes.
- Our BPM solution will ensure real-time management of process.
- We ensure (if desired) Cloud integration for Software-as-a-Service solution.
On top of that, we ensure that the BPM solution we are offering meets your business process need with cost-reliability along with efficiency and ever-lasting support.
If you need our service, let us guide you!